Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Superman Returns


So today unbeknownst to us, the present we ordered Ethan for his birthday arrived via UPS three days early. Normally I would be excited to get a package early...but not today. We apparently weren't home, so to "hide" the package, the package guy put it over near our patio set which neither me nor Johnny saw it.

So today, we were working in the garage and Ethan comes in and says, "There IS a Superman bicycle!" "WHAT????" we said! He said, "I'll show you!"

He then took us outside to see the bike.

BUSTED!

So we did what any good parent would do...we lied to our kid and said it was someone else's. (I'm sorry, we can't afford to give him the bike today and then have to go get ANOTHER birthday gift.)

So apparently we had back-up and our live-in guests affirmed that the gift was for their baby. (Who doesn't exist.) So after some back and forth banter, the kids bought it and went off to watch a video.

The bike is now hiding under my bed until August 6th.

Happy birthday, Beefy. Love you little guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger N.C. said...

The lie of Rahab was no lie.
Glad I could help...=)

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home