Thursday, July 03, 2008

OMG it's July!

Ok...so YES I have been THAT busy!

Here's the latest:

Big news: we are adopting a baby/toddler from ethiopia. So that consumed ALL of May and most of June. We have a completed homestudy and are waiting on the glorious USCIS for approval before the Ethiopian govt can approve us and we are officially added to a never ending waitlist. So sometime in the future (maybe distant) we will adopt. But because of that we have been laering some really cool things and went to the best restaurant ever! Messob in Little Ethiopia.

School is over and no sooner can I clean my screens and sweep my floors do I feel like I need to bust my butt to get ready for next year. UHHH! Momma's gonna have a summer break if it kills me!!!!!!!!

We have family coming in town for the entire month of July. Make of that what you wish. Good times will be had. Legoland. Beach. Building a pirate ship in the backyard.

Never enough time...

I've been reconnecting with the most bizzare people I NEVER thought I'd hear from again on facebook. So that has been great! And a little easier to maintain.

And I've chosen to use my "free" time to read. Well, what free time I have here and there...so that is good...but I think I have the eyeballs of a 50 year old...so I'm probably screwing myself over.

I've been watching the HBO John Adams Miniseries with my older boys. Excellent. Really supurb! Go watch it and feel good about our independance and the men (& their families) who REALLY sacrificed for us. They had some balls! I think I would've gotten along well with the founding fathers. And Abigail Adams...my kind of lady.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger N.C. said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE Little Ethiopia!
Rosalind's is good too!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home