Saturday, May 27, 2006

For Those who have Ears to Hear

I have recently learned that old friends from my past church have stumbled across my blog and have wondered "Is that OK?" So to SK and CF here's my reply:

Of course. I know the blog is a funny thing...because it is a private forum in a public sphere. To some degree it is like I left my diary out for all to read. Yet this is why (for me) it is not a problem.

I am convicted and called to live a life of transparency. I want my life to be open and honest. Some days are really good. Some days are REALLY bad. But in all of it I am being me. The me God created me to be. So some days are really up...and other days I am in depression and despair and I am hurt or full of anger. Sometimes I might occasionaly choose a "wrong" word or whatever. But that is 'me'... the sinful, fallen, redeemed,and in the process of sanctification 'me'.

God has accepted me for who I am...and I am daily being transformed into who He wants me to become. But that might not look like some Christian Cookie cut-out. (Which honestly Jesus doesn't want ANY of us to be that - for where is the beauty and creativity of creation in that?) So many of the problems in my old church-where I got hurt- was because I felt I was told I had to "fit in some sort of box" and that it wasn't "ok" for me to be the creature God had created me to be...becuase it was a little outside the mold. Well, I got this a couple days ago, from an old friend...and it really broke me. A dear old friend shared this:

In reading your blog, I am touched by the unique way that God made you. I’m just connecting dots and know nothing about what’s happening, but I’m not surprised that people don’t always “get” you. You are a beautiful combination of deep theology and cultural relevancy. People aren’t going to like the way that you say things all the time, and that’s okay. Again, I’m just guessing, but it seems to me that you might be dealing with a situation in which people want to put a “Christian cultural law” upon you.

It is so good to know that GOD is the one to work on our hearts...and he never abandons us and uses EVERYTHING to accomplish his purposes in transforming us to be more like him.

"You are a beautiful combination of deep theology and cultural relevancy." That is probably one of the nicest things someone has ever said about me...and I think that sums up why some people either don't like me or don't "get" me.

CF - thank you for that. Your words were so encouraging to my soul. I know you don't know what is going on with me now - but you know my past, and God is faithful. Reconnecting with you in the midst of what is happening here has truely ment a lot to me. God's timing is funny and I never would've planned it this way - but it is good. HE is GOOD.

Closing thought - my friend also shared this verse with me...I think it is appropriate too.

II Corinthians 4:7-11

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.

And I LOVE this part too. It has really ministered to me this week:

II Corinthians 7:16-18

16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Let us all be challenged to fix our eyes on Jesus, our treasure, our reward and our HOPE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home