Monday, June 26, 2006

Day Six: Renovation


Monday night we got together with such good old friends to just catch up, reflect, pray and encourage one another. It was so good to my soul. My heart aches as I wish I were still around such great people and good friends. It was weird...in many ways I think we were protected from a lot of hurt by moving two years ago. It is easy when you have a new life starting up to distract you from old pain.

But here I sit with new pain from the new life...and I just don't know where I'd choose to be. Perspective...hmmmm. It is just weird. with all that is going on this very week at our CA church...it's very bizarre to be reconciling old issues in Charlottesville this very week.

Somehow...God is good...and funny all at the same time. Years later I will laugh at all of this...but right now I find it all too ironic.

So...regardless...it was just good to recall what good friends I have. People who truely know me - the good the bad and the sarcastic - and they still like me and see Jesus refining me into His beautiful creation.

All I can say is, "C'mon! What about the freakin' DONKEY?" Oh...I miss our community. I wished we had more time of authentic. real living after everything blew up.

I miss you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home