Saturday, July 22, 2006

Pizza Church

Hmmm....today was a crappy day. Hard to process it all...Jay got frustrated blowing a whole day trying to rework the network to get me a stronger signal in the garage for school. Love his heart in trying to make things work for us...but it took all day to realize he couldn't do it. Poor Guy. But such a sweet heart to try.

Tonight we went to "Pizza Church" as the kids called it. We went to one of the "Big Box Churches" in our area for the night service. Apparently they feed the kids a pizza dinner during the service. "Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do..."

It was what it was. It was nice to be someplace different...but it was way too overly packaged. It made me miss MY community. It was weird, cause it was a nice "church"...it had all the elements...it just seemed to me like one of those prepackaged church planting impact cards...I'm sure those people were totally genuine and really connecting with God...but I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe it's me.

I've been reading barna's REVOLUTION...maybe it's not me...

I just want to be HOME...but I don't know that I'll find that. I don't know if after our past two locations we will actually "fit" anywhere...

Hmmm....thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.

Maybe we've been ruined...maybe we just haven't discovered what we are meant to do...

It's time to circle the wagons and focus on our four little futures we are raising...their little hearts are what I want to guard right now. Their four little hearts have just been hurt by being strung along by daddy's career...and by mommy and daddy's stress.

It's been a bad day.

When will I feel HOME?

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I think part of what you're feeling might be a longing for heaven.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kyrie Eleison said...

Yeah...but I'm not convinced it will come in my lifetime...so I'm still stuck looking for a church home this side of heaven...

"It's a steeplechase
blame your failures on
churches where you've gone
steeplechase
ice cold Christian fakes
turn to frosted flakes"

Gotta love a little Steve Taylor.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

No relation, I assume?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kyrie Eleison said...

Same name...but...uh...no...working in the military doesn't create the same satire in the church as those who actually work in the church.

If we were related then you would know for sure why I am so crazy.

For some reason I'm not willing to settle and "I (DON'T) want to be a clone!"

So...it's a steeplechase!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home