Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weta Workshop

So my Living Room/Dining Room has been magically transformed into New Zealand's own Weta Workshop. Ahhh...Halloween! I thought last year I swore to buy costumes after spending so much time making Anakin and Obi-wan and Ki-Adi-Mundi...but this year...I am back at the sewing machine frantically cranking out costumes for Elves, and Hobbits and Men...

So far Mr. Frodo and Samwise Gamgee are fully dressed from the waist up...Arwen is almost completed including an extra "Fellowship Cloak" to match her brothers. I had to convince my oldest that it is OK for Arwen to have a Fellowship Cloak since Gladriel was her grandmother, it is likely that Arwen could've sweet-talked her grandma into giving her a Elven Cloak as well.

(The stories we have to come up with! Jeez!)

Today I will be working on Aragorn's costume...not just regular Aragorn or even Strider, no, it must be Aragorn as king in the black Gondorian get up he wears when he marches on the Black Gate. (They are SO specific!)

And we only have one more week before the LoTR librabry books are due back! I think we checked them out in August before school started and we are on our third and final renew. It's all the art work and "Making Of" like $30 a book ones. I love the LAPL!

Oh and in between all of this I have to rest and ice my foot because I believe I have a stress fracture in my foot and it kills. So I'll call the doc tomorrow...but for now...ouch!

So that's my "I haven't blogged in forever" update...

Life with four kids is pretty darn crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home