Wednesday, January 03, 2007

J.R.R. Tolkien


Today it was Tay's idea to celebrate J.R.R. Tolkien's birthday. So I made a cake. Sofa was quick to point out that we were making a cake for a dead guy. But it's cake...so who cares? My mom bought me a new bundt pan for Christmas that is shaped like a castle. Beefy says it looks like "Edoras" but the older two are convinced it it "Gondor". Whatever...just another excuse for a party, I suppose. Happy 115th!


...Speaking of which...I watched this documentary on "Ringers" (LOTR Fans)...and those people are KOO-KOO-CA-CHOO! It was embaressing! I now understand why some prefer to think of themselves as "students of Tolkien" rather than "Fans". CA-RAY-ZEEE!


...but them again I did just bake a cake for a dead guy...

2 Comments:

Blogger N.C. said...

What kind of cake was it?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Kyrie Eleison said...

Chocolate....of course...dusted with powdered sugar, so it made it look like snow had fallen on Gondor.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home