Monday, April 16, 2007

DAY THREE: 23 March, London to Bahrain

Wake at 6AM. Thank God I took the PM!
Shower, dress, talk to J.
Starbuck - and I thought coffee was expensive in the US.
Tube
Heathrow
So sleepy!
Got on the flight.
Sat in the emergency exit - LEGROOM!!!
Really nice Bahrain gentleman sitting next to us.
But it turned out he had really bad breath.
I MEAN REALLY BAD BREATH!
Poor J. sat next to him!
Then as the flight took off R.N.B.G. (really nice Bahrain guy) started barfing into air sickness bags...and kept barfing the ENTIRE 6 hour flight!
I am NOT kidding!
We tried to switch seats but the BA flight attendant was a bit of a stickler to the rules and wouldn't upgrade us. (Uh...someone in customer relations is gonna hear about this one!)
Watched Bobby. Great movie. (But, Frodo gets shot.)
Saw some Happy Feet (Frodo as a penguin)
S-L-E-E-P!
Woke up and watched Breaking & Entering.
(I could listen to Jude Law all day long - LOVE the accent!)
Afternoon Tea on the flight at like 8PM
ARRIVAL - finally!
It was so great to see the cousins. (And when I say the cousins I mean my kid's cousins.)
Great to see their world. Again.
It's been 17 years since I was there. Man, that makes me feel OLD!
So TIRED! But Nicole had an agenda!
So at 9PM we headed to the SEEF MALL
Checked out the Formula 1 station - they are hosting a big race this week.
Did some video game racing with the boys...I won!
Went out for Australian Crepes - go figure.
Ran into "Uncle Russell"
Got home around 11PM
Unpacking
Called home and tracked down the older boys at the Bowling Alley with Grandpa.
All's good ont he homefront. What a relief!
To Bed...SLEEP!!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger N.C. said...

hmmmmm....bad bahraini breath.
b3, baby!

Did it smell like he had poo for lunch?

hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

better you than me though!

+)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home