Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Funny Sophie Story

So this morning I was working at my computer and Sophie walks in and stands by me with a sad look on her face. "What's wrong sweetie?" I asked.

BACKSTORY: (Sophie has a good friend in Monterey named Aleda, whom she hasn't seen in like 3 months - when we did visit, aparently Aleda pushed her at one point while the girls were fighting over a toy. It left a big impression because she mentions it periodically. But this morning was different.)

Again, I asked, "What's wrong Soph?"

"A-weda kicked me in the penis." she stated so matter-of-factly. I froze. Not knowing what to do or say. I tried so hard to contain myself...but in that moment, I just couldn't. I started to laugh hysterically. I almost peed in my pants it was just so darn cute and funny! After a moment, I pulled myself together and then took some time to explain to my darling that mommy and Sophie don't have a penis becasue we are girls. Ahhhh...the joys of motehrhood!

Later I realized that I think she is learnign the "P" word from church. Number one...I know Aleda didn't teach it to her. And in our home the "penis" has ALWAYS been refered to as the "peep"...And I have heard Ethan use it on occasion as well. Hmmmm....Forget culture...we WOULD have to go live in a cave in the side of a hill to guard our family from the church (or the Christian School!)

But of course we don't beleive that...so i'm left to having to endure hilariously awkward and funny conversations with my kids!

What JOY! (...and I know the "sex talk" is coming soon too...thank GOD we had boys first!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home