Monday, February 05, 2007

Botched Up Quote

Like 9 months ago Jay heard this quote from Rob Bell and taught it to our third born son. The point was that there is nothing you can ever do that will make me stop loving you or love you any less. Getting the point across of a father's love for his son as an example of our Father in Heaven's love for each of us no matter what we do, or who we are, or what we have done. God IS love and He LOVES us completely and unconditionally.

So I am always hearing Beefy and Jay going around the house saying this quote to each other - which is totally cute! But today I stopped and realized what it was they were actually saying to each other and I said to Jay, "Babe...I think you got it wrong..."

Here's what he taught my son:

"There is nothing you can do to make me stop loving you less."

Did you get it? No matter what you do...there is nothing you can do to make me stop loving you LESS. I will not love you any more!

Funny...poor corrupted son...Way to go babe. GREAT!

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Dawson said...

OK...so I googled it and found out that it should be: "There's nothing you can do that will make me love you less" or "There's nothing you can do that will make me stop loving you". I had to sit down and explain it to E, and I think he's got it b/c he says it right now. Oh well...so much for trying to be a good dad! I guess it's really the thought that counts...maybe not necessarily the accuracy!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home