Monday, February 21, 2005

Psalm 55

"My heart is in anguish within me; the terrors of death have fallen upon me. Fear and trembling come upon me, and horror overwhelms me. And I say, 'Oh that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest; yes I would wander far away; I would lodge in the wilderness; I would hurry to find a shelter from the raging wind and tempest.'...For it is not an enemy who taunts me - then I could bear it; it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me - then I could hide from him. But it is you, a man, my equal, my companon, my familiar friend. We used to take sweet council together; within God's house we walked in the throng...But I call to God, and the Lord will save me. Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved."

Psalm 55:4-8, 12-13, 16, 22

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home