Friday, December 02, 2005

Take A CRAP!

Ok so I spoke at the High School Group at my church this week. It was the first time I had done that in like 9 years. I've been in total "Mom Mode" but it was so good to get back in the game. Funny part was that I was SO nervous! I felt like I hadn't had enough time to prepare - except for my 25 minute shower where I went over my talk for the first time right before I left. What can I say? I've got kids running all over a tiny house! It doesn't lead itself to "quiet alone time."

Anyway, so i'm there seemingly ok. Sean gets up to lead music and I know I've got 3-4 songs before I'm on. So I decided...I better go pee. I went to the bathroom came back into the room and suddenly felt sick to my stomach. I asked Jordan how many songs left - only one. I ran down the hall and took a nice big crap. NERVOUS!!!! I came back in the room and still felt so sick. What should I do? Delay and have Jordan stall while I go to the bathroom and puke? Or wait it out. Sean was finishing up and I began to utilize the technique i learned in Lamaze - breathing!

I was sweating and praying and all of a sudden Sean finished the music. And thank GOD what happenned was what ALWAYS happens with me - I got up there and it all went away. The talk went great for my first time in like 9 years! ANd I just loved being up there again! I know it will get easier with time...but I think a little bit of nervousness is a great way to humble you before the Lord uses you to speak through. So, hey, I guess I'm ok.

Next date - January 11th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home