Thursday, March 17, 2005

"Recapturing Malia"

I am feeling a bit run down from my life as a mom, wife, housekeeper, chef, nurse, tutor, p.e. coach, interpretur, butt wiper, referee, and personal slave. I am dying to "Recapture Malia". I want to be utilized for me; who I am apart from what I do as a wife and mother. I want to remember the "Malia" side of me. The side of me that holds my passions and my secrets locked up, the side of me most people don't know...but the side of me that gets me out of bed each morning and keeps me pressing on. I long for the day where I am no longer defined by the number of kids I have and therefore put in a box and told where my place is in the world. I love my kids and I love raising them...I just want to do something I am passionate about FOR ME every once in awhile...but I don't really know if that is even possible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home