Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Proverbs 25:21-22

"If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty , give him water to drink, for you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you."

I don't really have control over not being hurt. I will continue to be hurt. It is so hard to live in these two realms. One fully aware of the situation and the other pretending like nothing ever happened. Living in this fake reality totally goes against who I am. But it's not my job to change people. All I can do is seek the Lord, find my refuge in His strength and be abundantly filled with love-even if that is what got me in trouble in the first place.

I will not cease being me - the me God created me to be - even if that makes people uncomfortable and exposes sin issues or whatever. It's like what Nathan said last night, I will continue to be honest (which at times can be harsh), but I need God to fill me with His grace so that my every response and action brings God the glory even if I am being treated unfairly in the process.

God, whatever you are doing may it simply drive me to your throne facedown in worship...what more could I ever ask for or desire?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home