Monday, March 28, 2005

Excuse Me, Waiter, There's a...

This is SO GROSS! Ok so tonight my parents took the boys to go "camp out" at Grandma & Grandpa's new house...so Johnny & I decided to go out on a date (with Sophie) and get some dinner and do some shopping. So Johnny & I decide to head toward the Northridge Mall. We decided to try out the Wood Ranch BBQ which we heard was really good but a little more pricey than say Chili's. So we went in...it seemed really nice. Sophie was a dream...she was just being so plesent and such a sweatheart to be around. We decided to split an entree add a salad, get an appetizer and Johnny got a $6 beer. So the meal was int he $35-40 range. Yikes! But we thought, "What the heck, we don't get the opportunity often!" So the food came...it was REALLY good although the portions were kinda skimpy. Anyway, Sophie is sharing with all of us. As Johnny is finishing up the mashed potatoes, Sophie and I were working on the Ceasar salad. We had eaten everything green on the plate and Sophie popped away the last crouton. Then she was looking at the plate and said, "Ewwww mommy, a bug!" I couldn't even believe it! There on the plate was a baby fly with part of his wings missing covered in parmesean cheese and sitting on my salad plate. I was SO GROSSED OUT!!!! Nasty!!! I mean really!!! You don't expect that from such a nice place!!! And then they only wanted to comp us our $3 salad and $3 appetizer. What a load of crap! $6 is all it's worth for someone to find a fly in their food! (And God only knows were the rest of the wings are. I thought I was going out for a nice meal...not an episode of Fear Factor!) So Johnny pressed the manager and they gave us the whole meal for free. Our legacy lives on!!! Way to go Sophie!!! What's a little fly wing if it saves you a forty dollar meal?!

I still am completely without appetite. The thought of it is still really gross!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home