Friday, March 25, 2005

It truely is a Good Friday!

Wow...well, after last night...I just feel...I don't know......understood...and not so alone.The Maundy Thursday service was really good for me. Man, I was just lost in worship...it's been a while and I've been thirsty for it...so thirsty. So I felt in many ways God was showering me with his grace and coming to my rescue. And today I felt relieved...understood...satisfied...at rest.

So this Friday has been a GOOD reminder to me of the love that was poured out for me years ago on that cross...but also the love that is poured out on me everyday. In my faltering or my victory His love never ceases to flow. And God knows I need it. Daily. To feel His presence...to be overcome by His love...that is the ONLY thing that then empowers me to love others. (Which lately has sometimes become harder to do.)

"In this is love, not that we have loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us."

1 John 4:10-12

Oh, to be perfected in that love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home