Sunday, August 20, 2006

Surprising Sunday

Well, we answered the question today by prolonging the Steeplechase. We chose to not subject our kids to the torture of dropping them off at yet another children's church program and decided instead to have a family day at the beach.



It was so good. We went up to Sycamore Cove up past the county line. It was so beautiful and so quaint and quite. Not over crowded. Great Sand. Fun waves and just an unbelievable day. We got happy meals for lunch and came home later in the day to a catered dinner from Buca. (So I didin't have to cook all day! What a treat!) We had a great dinner together and then baths and showers to rid us of the sand. (Can I just say my kids got three baths this week...that's a personal record. I think they had gone three weeks without having had one before this week.)

What can I say...it was so good to just BE as our family.

BE together

BE happy

BE funny

BE loud

BE sweet

Just BE.

I know one of these days we'll want to venture back into a church and begin to build community again...but for the past couple months it's been so good to be away.

Today was good. It was just nice to have a good day.

To rest.

To relax.

And just let my kids BE kids.

What joy...now that is worship.

1 Comments:

Blogger N.C. said...

Yay! worship!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home